Love in diet? Seems funny and not real but it really existed! There is a thing called love handle and there is a kind of diet to lose these love handles. What is really a love handle? Love handles are those annoying undesirable folds of fats around the circumference of the stomach and back. It is considered to be the hardest places on the body to lose fat. People tried all sorts of crunches and abdominal stretching in an attempt to eliminate or at least reduce this irritating fats but ends up disappointed only. Love handles are apparently on the top layer of the back or latissimus dorsi muscle and not the stomach as termed by the layman. Love handles can be eradicated by proper exercise, nutrition and healthy habits.
Some best approaches to get rid of love handles.
To get rid of love handles is to start a healthy habit. Stay away from stress. When you are so much in pressure and over stress tendency is the body responses by releasing a hormone called Cortisol, a stress hormone. Cortisol causes you to gain more fats around your belly which later forms your love handles. To get rid of love handles is to identify and find solution that causes stress. If in situation where it is hard to solve and manage, just be sure you’ll not add more stress and this can be done by having some diversional activities such as writing, listening to music, yoga and some more activities that gives a relaxing mind.
Another way to prevent from having love handle is to get enough, adequate sleep. Not getting enough sleep results in cortisol overproduction and enhances weight gain. Having a regular normal sleeping pattern which means going to bed at right and proper time and waking up same, places your body on a regular schedule helps yields a good mind setting thus keeping you away from stress. Also, drinking more fluids is another best healthy habit that can help rid of love handles. Sometimes without noticing you are already so dehydrated. Dehydration is another stressor on the body. Make sure your body is well hydrated by drinking several glasses of water per day. Remember it is wise to start your day with a glass full of water than your coffee.
Eat regular meals, this prevents from a blood sugar spike. If you are serious to get off those love handles then you must eat in regular normal pattern, small intake and eating in proper time. Discipline yourself self not to eat anything after dinner. Try also to drink alcohol moderately, learn when to say no to alcohols. Alcohol brings blood sugar swings which often results to storage of belly fats. Refrain from sugary alcohol, if you craving for it, be sure to have one which is low in sugar. It is best not to drink more than twice a week. Eating right to lose belly fat is another good approach to get rid of love handles. It is wiser to eat more fruits and vegetables. Eating fresh fruits and vegetable every meal is a good means of decreasing your belly deposits. Fruits and vegetables are rich in fibers and low in calories. Eat also only healthy proteins, fats and healthy omega 3 which are significant if you are aiming to lose love handles. Having an intake of high fiber foods gives a feeling of fullness thus preventing you from craving more food.
Some more suggestion to get rid of those love handles is to have some form of exercises that strengthens abdominal muscles.
1. Try the bicycle move, this exercise makes you move from one side to another, working on the love handle muscles while keeping the stress on the oblique muscles.
2. Do prone ball roll ins to the side. This exercise made used of the exercise ball and proven effective because it has to be done in prone position, therefore the muscles have to work double time to maintain the balance and it is here where the toning comes up.
3. Making use of hula –hoop to exercise those abdominal muscles. Playing at same time exercising, shaken those love handle areas. Swaying the hoop higher and lower, up and down, fast and slow can really do something to your oblique muscles. Right after finishing the activity, you can feel those muscles like moving and kicking. This is an indication of the responses of the muscles below the love handle’s area.
4. Try decline twisting sit –ups. Decline twisting sit ups are more extreme than the normal sit –ups because you are moving against a gravity as you bring down and up your body.
Exercise should be done three times a week , 15 to 20 reps for best results. The most effective method to lose love handles is by way of dieting and changing lifestyle. The exercise is expected to tone your muscles but will never get rid of those fat impacted inside the body.
Do you realize all kinds of diet you’ve been through? Do you feel like you are battling endless diet and still nothing changes? Are you bored and sick of the different forms of working out and still not achieving the desired shape and fit you are aspiring? This is what makes life beautiful, you are always given a choice! You may choose to shift other ways to lose weight. Spa treatments such as saunas and body wraps are the new approaches to lose weight. It is considered as a good choice that helps you lose weight instantly and not compelling yourself to diet and exercise.
Some best lists of Spa Treatment that greatly helps you lose weight while you’re in cool and relax mode.
European Body Wrap is one of the famous spa treatment being done that reduce weight. A body wrap is a permeable, flexible material that is usually soaked in minerals and rolled around the body for an hour. It is best suggested that while in body wrap, you should accompany it with some exercise to promote circulation. After the wrap being removed, it is expected that your skin should look and feel finer , smoother, firmer and cellulite is reduced thus promoting weight lose.
Cleansing and detox is another good choice. Sometimes cleansing and detoxification is the best way to lose weight. Detoxification means removing toxins or harmful elements that is inside your body. The process involves the use of herbal teas, vegetarian meals and vitamin supplements. The aim is to get rid of those toxins and dropping of some pounds is expected.
Sauna is another way of eliminating toxins in your body. A hot room that induces your body to cool itself through the process of sweating out all your undesirable excess fats and calories. A 15- 30 minutes sauna bath per day will give you a feeling of being refreshed, calm and lighter body. Studies prove that sauna is a big help in reducing the size of your waist line and gaining that curve in your body. Infrared sauna is famous for its competency in reducing weight. One study of an expert says that you can burn as high as 600 calories and more in a 30 minutes of infrared sauna. Sauna not only induces your body to burn calories and induces weight loss but it also improves circulation and gives a clearer, finer and beautiful skin. The sauna’s hot temperature turns your fat to be water soluble, in other words, as your excretes toxins , it also releases fats.
Some significant aspect to consider when using a Infrared sauna as a spa treatment to lose weight. If you are having heart problem and blood pressure related diseases, infrared sauna is discourage because as your body works double time in burning those fats and calories which results in increasing your metabolic rate, heart and cardiac output. Be reminded also that you need to sip water after the spa procedure to rehydrate and prevent dehydration.
Another spa treatment to lose weight is a Mineral Body Wrap.This body wrap treatment works on your body like a magic, in an instant you will lose weights. Areas in your body such as waist, thighs , and arms are expected to reduce by applying this Mineral body wrap. A mineral component will detoxify your body making you lose weight at same time making your skin tighter, more toned and shinier. If you don’t have the luxury of time and money to avail this procedure in commercial spa center then worry not because you can do this at home.
All you need are 12 wrap bandages, bucket, sea clay or dead sea mineral cream and follow these steps:
1. Fill the bucket with hot water and soak the bandages .Remember the water must be hot and boiled.
2. Paste thinly and evenly the sea clay or mineral cream in your legs.
3. Roll the warm bandage in your legs but make sure that it is tolerable and can’t burn your legs. Roll the bandage from ankle up to the buttock areas. Check ,the whole legs must be covered.
4. Apply the mineral cream in your stomach and back. Ask someone to rub the mineral at your back. Wrap your body with bandage, make sure it is not to tight or loose.
5. Rub the mineral cream on your arms and bandage it. Do the same thing to the buttocks but bandage must look like a skirt.
6. Let the procedure stay for 1 and ½ hours. Be sure to stay in your bathroom as you open the shower on hot until the room is filled with steam.
7. Take out the bandage s from covered areas then wipe out the mineral cream. Taking a bath for 2 days is not but advisable rather drinking of more fluids.
Watch out for the magic the procedure brings. Changes on your body contour such as thinner curve waistline and flatter stomach. Spa treatment is not going to give you a 20 pound abrupt weight loss but rather it prompts a healthy lifestyle preparing you to carry all aspects of wellness.
If you want to lose weight, you must eat less than what you crave. If you feed yourself more than required then the excess food may be stored as fats or muscles. Counting calories plays a big role in losing weight. If you know the calorie content in every food intake, you can avoid those and choose food with low calorie , that will give you the chance to lose weight but still complying to the nutritional needs of the body.
Staying away from one or numerous high caloric food is a sign for a good start when cutting calories. For example, you can skip your breakfast, crackers at lunch or that ice cream and pastries after dinner. Recall the food intake for that particular day and try to sort out and decide which should food should be dropped or not. If you feel that staying away from your indulgence will make you crave for more , better try a low calorie options.
Healthier, best options …
|Soda drinks 8 ouncesMango ice cream 1 cup
Flavored latte. 12 ounces
|Flavored water8 ounces
Fresh pick strawberry 1 cup
Native coffee, 12 ounces
Counting calories to lose weight is to choose from high calorie food s to low calorie alternatives. For example, you can have 60 calories a glass by drinking skimmed milk instead of full cream milk. Have some piece of banana than a cup of pasta or snack on baked oatmeal than pack of chips.
Lower Calorie Alternatives
|Instead of This||Calories||Best Option||Calories|
|Full Cream Milk 8 ounces1 cup of spaghetti
1 chocolate bar
|Skimmed milk 8 ounces2 cups strawberries
Chocolate chip cookie
Another approach to low calorie diet is to adjust your portion sizes, go for reduced portions. The sizes of your portions reflects your caloric intake. The number of calorie taken greatly depends on the quantity of food taken. Twice the amount of food yields a double number of calories. The best way to control calories is to be able to control your portions.
|Usual normal portion||calories||Standard serving||calories|
|Grape juice 8
2 cookies chocolate chips, medium
3 cookies , coconut macaroons
|Grape juice 4 ounces
1 cookie chocolate, medium
1 cookie coconut macaroon
To control portions sizes and cut calories some clever but worthy tips are suggested.
Eat small, try practicing eating small, having slowly less than what you think you’re capable to. Eating in plates rather than in packages is most encouraged. You will never notice the quantity of food you are taking if eating right in the container. The presence of food right in your front keeps you conscious on how much you are taking in. Using smaller plate or bowl is more desired. Check for food literatures. Be sure to check for nutritional information for the serving size and the number of calories per serving. Be informed, use a calorie counter. Check out for credible resources that provide tools for accurate counting of calories such as a website.
Swapping high calories food over low calorie alternatives and trimming your portion sizes greatly aids in cut calories and improve weight control. For effective and sustainable weight lose plan, it must also be accompanied with regular exercise and self discipline.
Who don’t want to stay fit and healthy ? None right? We all want to be fit , healthy and gorgeous without sacrificing the tasty, delicious and super yummy foods. Can you imagine how would it taste if these healthy, mouth watering foods are blended with some healthy herbs, spices, vegetables and fruits? The amazing benefits of herbs, spices, vegetables and fruits with the very nutritious oatmeal is like a best treat , a delight to have. Oatmeal is healthy but not tasty, nor attractive and often you find it boring but if you are resourceful , innovative and creative, oatmeal can be an amazing and powerful food. There are plenty of best oatmeal recipes that are irresistible and really can drive you like crazy.
Below are list of best healthy recipes that can make you ask for more serving and hard to stop cravings.
Healthy Coconut Oatmeal
- 3 cups of milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- ¼ cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup raisens
- 1/3 cup banana
- 1/8 cup of pineapple tidbits
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup of sweetened flaked coconut
Directions to cook
1. Pour together the milk and salt into a saucepan, then bring to boil.
2. Mix oats, maple syrup, raisens, slice banana and pineapple tidbits.
3. Bring to boil again in a medium heat.
4. Stir in chopped walnuts and coconut milk, let it stand until the desired thickness is achieve.
Pour into serving bowls, top with honey or yogurt.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1cup soy milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup raisens.
1.Pre heat oven to 175°C
2. In a large pyrex bowl, bring in together the oats , brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Beat in the eggs, soy milk, applesauce and vanilla extract. Mix together. Mix together , stir in raisens.
3. Pour the mixture in a 9X13 baking dish.
Baked in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- 1 cup oats
- ½ diced cucumber
- ½ cup carrots
- ½ diced unpelled apples
- 3 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pineapple
1. Pour the oats and water in a saucepan. Bring to boil under medium heat. Stir once in awhile, cover and change the heat to simmer.
2. Cook for less than an hour.
3Get it from fire, set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Pour the olive oil or lemon to taste. Let the oatmeal cool.
5. Once cold, add the cucumber , carrots , pineapple, apple , peanuts and thoroughly mix well.
This oatmeal is irresistible, yummy , hearty and healthy. Easy to make, effort free, time saving and cheap ingredients. It will take 5 minutes for the preparation, cooking it for 10 minutes after which it is ready to serve.
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup of water
- ¾ cup of oats
- ½ cup of saucepan
- 2 tablespoon of wheat germ
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon sugar.
- 1 cup strawberry.
1. Pour the milk and water in a pot, bring to boil. Slow down the heat, then pour the oats.
2. Stir in strawberry, applesauce, wheat germ and sugar.
Cook for 10 minutes .
3. Ready to serve.
- 1 cup oats
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 ½ lemon juice
- Roasted peanuts
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp split Gram Del
- 11/2 tsp Bengal gram
- 2 slit green
- Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a big casserole.
Once oil is in right hotness , add mustard seeds, bengal gram and split gram dal to it and fry them till they turn red.
Pour chilies, curry leaves and a pinch of turmeric powder to the mixture.
Add water and salt and bring to a boil.
2. Add the oats and mix thoroughly . Reduce flame and place lid. Cook for few minutes (5 minutes approx)
3. Uncover it and add lemon juice and mix well.
4. Bring to cook for another -4 more minutes, stirring in some intervals.
5. Garnish with roasted peanuts.
6. Serve it with yogurt or pickles
Juicing is the process of extracting juice from plant tissues of some vegetables and fruits with a help of a juicing machine or a blender. For some people who want to lose weight, it is the easy way to incorporate fruits and vegetables into their diet.
But before you get started juicing, you should know how well it will do for your health and/or if it is just for promotion of certain products.
The best kind of juices will give you some nutrients while other juices are hardly better than liquid candy.
Vegetable juice is very good for your health such as lycopene in tomato juice which help in lowering the risk of prostate cancer. Beet juice may help in controlling blood pressure. Pulpy vegetable juice contains fiber that controls hunger.
Be aware of juice flavoured beverage, these products have only small amount of real juice. Most of the main ingredients are usually water, small amounts of juice and with sweeteners such as high-fructose corn syrup. These drinks are similar to soft drinks that are rich in sugar and calories but low in nutrients. Drinking water will still be a better choice.
Pure fruit juice has 100% fruit juice and a good source of nutrients like Vitamin C and potassium. But drinking too much of it can be an extra source of sugar and calories instead. Juices don’t contain same fiber and phytonutrients like raw fruits have. That is why it is recommended to drink one juice serving per day only.
Pomegranate juice is high in sugar and calories but a good source of antioxidants. Its antioxidant is greater than the red wine or green tea.
Cranberry juice is loaded with Vitamin C to strengthen your immune system. Unsweetened cranberry juice will also prevent the buid-up of bacteria which causes urinary tract infections.
Red grape juice has flavonoids and resveratrol. Just like red wine, if you drink in moderation, can be good for your heart.
Prune juice helps you relieve from constipation. A good source of fiber and contains natural laxative called sorbitol, and packed with antioxidants, iron and potassium.
Orange juice is loaded with vitamin C and some brands are fortified with calcium and vitamin D, which are good for your bones.
Try mixing your juice by adding some protein such as almond milk, yogurt and peanut butter for a more balanced diet.
Don’t give too much juice to your children. Recommended servings is not more than 4 to 6 ounces of 100% fruit juice per day for kids who are younger than 6 and 8-12 ounces for ages 7-18 years old.
Try mixing with water or sparkling water if you or your kids are craving for more than a single cup of juice per day. In this way, you can cut down the calories in every serving but you can still enjoy 2-3 cups of water-juice mixture throughout the day.
It is always good to eat the whole fruit instead drinking a lot of juice. In this way you can get all the nutrients and fiber you need for your body. Aim to eat at least two whole fruits and three to four vegetables a day. Mix it with different colors, so you can get all the vitamins and minerals.
Want to buy your own juicers? Do you really need it?
Some branded juicers are more expensive ranging from $50 to $400. This machine will break down your fruit and vegetables by grinding the core, rind and seeds. You don’t really need to have a juicing machine but instead you can use a blender to extract your whole fruits or vegetables to keep the fiber as well. It is best to drink your juice the same day you make it for food safety. Remember to wash thoroughly your blender or juice machine after each use.
Making your own smoothies nowadays is very popular especially to those who are watching their weight. You will just need simple ingredients and voila, you’ll have your own smoothies right from your own kitchen. Learn from these simple recipes how to make your own set of smoothies that will also help you lose weight.
Dr. Oz’s Green Drink – This is great sipping in the morning, a high-fiber, low calorie breakfast drink.
You’ll just need
2 cups Spinach 2 apples
½ cucumbers ¼ orange
¼ head of celery ¼ lime
½ bunch of parsley ¼ lemon
1 bunch of mint ¼ pineapple
• Just combine all the ingredients in a blender. Serve and enjoy your breakfast treat!
Energy-Boosting Smoothie- This smoothie will revitalize your energy level. For 250 calories, this refreshing drink is a sure drink to start off your day.
You’ll just need
2 tablespoons cocoa powder – 8oz Greek Yogurt
2 tablespoon butter – cinnamon
• Put peanut butter, cocoa powder, Greek yogurt and ice cubes in the blender. Mix and set at high speed. Slice banana and add into the mixture, then blend again. Pour smoothie into two cups and serve. Add a sprinkle dash of cinnamon on top to add extra flavor.
Vitamin C Smoothie – This delicious blend of smoothie will help boost your immunity during the cold and flu season.
You’ll just need
1 cup strawberries
• Get the juice of the two oranges and mix with other ingredients. Blend over ice.
Vitamin Cocktail – This smoothie will help your body have a powerful antioxidant and helps you absorb nutrients from your diet.
You will just need
1 cup papaya, ½ banana
½ cup kale, ½ green apple
½ cup spinach
• Mix all the ingredients into the blender. Blend until smooth.
Super Energy Smoothie – This smoothie is loaded with healthy fruits and vegetables, which help dilate blood vessels to promote blood flow. You can make this recipe into big batch, so you can make it once and freeze it, then, drink for a week long.
You will need
2 pints pineapple, spinach
2 pints watermelon, blueberries
2 quarts coconut water, 2 green apples
• Mix all the ingredients in a juicer. Pour into a 16oz. servings. You can keep or freeze extra smoothies for later drink.
Paradise Smoothie – This smoothie will help you have a glowing complexion by combining nutrient-rich fruits, vegetables and other stuff into your blender. This drink will nourish your skin from inside and out.
You will need
1 medium ripe peach, sliced
2 tablespoon chopped Hass avocado
1/3cup unsweetened frozen strawberries
¾ cup fat-free plain yogurt
3 tablespoon 100% pomegranate juice
1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• Gather all ingredients in a blender. Puree about 15 seconds until smooth. Then, pour into a tall glass and serve.
Fruits are the natural sources of energy, vitamins, minerals, fibers, antioxidants etc. They have great health value and an important ingredient of any weight losing diet plans.
But in some case it may causes weight gain. Fruits contain sugar which is very low in amount in comparison to other foods but rich in vitamins, minerals and other healthy micronutrients. Still this low amount of sugar may raise your blood sugar. But natural sugars found in fruits do not raise the blood sugar levels as much as refined or processed sugars. So, taking adequate amount of fruit is essential and healthy but in some cases it may impair our health.
‘Fructose’- is the sugar usually found in the fruits. Fructose is converted into sucrose and glycogen in our body. Fructose is one and half times sweeter than table sugar but has moderately slower conversion rate to form blood sugar.
Let’s know how fruits may ruin your diet by gaining weight.
1. Are you on a mono meal?
Are you taking mono meal? In a mono meal, you eat nothing but only one type of food (usually a single type of fruit is chosen) for a meal. Usually a mono meal can be ten bananas or five mangoes or twenty plums, etc. The idea of eating only fruits to intake low calories is great. But even if it is just a fruit, often these mono meals may contain more calories than your usual meal. For an example a ten banana meal can easily raise your calorie intake to 1000! And without proper expenditure with exercises or other ways these extra calories will cause weight gain.
2. Spike in blood sugar level:
Certain fruits contain high sugar, like bananas, mangoes, and certain peaches, etc. These fruits can create a spike in blood sugar level. Always try to eat your fruits with some protein like, nuts or a piece of cheese. Eating fruits without a little protein afterwards may raise your blood insulin levels to mitigate the influx of sugar you’ve just consumed into cells. Rapid fluctuations in insulin and blood sugar level may lead you to fatigue, tired and weight gain.
3. High glycemic index:
You should be aware of the glycemic index of fruits that you are eating. Just Google it and find it. You should avoid those foods and fruits which have a high glycemic index. For some examples white bread, French fries and even some fruits like bananas and mangoes etc. have a high glycemic index. I am not saying that for this reason bananas will make you obese but if you go from eating two bananas a day to five that will create a significant impact on your blood insulin and blood sugar levels and you may gain weight gradually.
4. Easy chance to be fermented when combined with other foods:
It is good if you consume fruits on an empty stomach. It takes only to 20 minutes to digest and absorbed most of the fruits in our gastrointestinal tract where other foods takes 2 hours to 6 hours. So, if you eat a carb or protein based heavy meal with fruits, the fruit can be fermented and may cause intestinal gas and bloating. These fermented fruits are not only causes GI upset but also a good source of starch and with this diet habit you may gain weight within few weeks.
5. Easy way to find an inappropriate calorie calculation:
Fruits are so healthy and full of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. The average medium sized piece of fruit contains between 80-120 calories. So, it seems very easy to calculate your extra calorie intake. But repeated intake may and some extra calorie to your diet which is always overlooked and your diet may fail.
Eating excessive fruits and fructose over a period of time may cause weakening of the bones. Usually sugar is stored in the liver and muscle as glycogen and the liver can only a limited amount of glycogen. After the capacity of the liver is exceeded, excessive sugar is transformed to fatty acid and released into the bloodstream and this free fatty acid will store as fat in another part of the body. So, excessive intake of fruits will lead you to gain weight.
But… Fruits are still so much important part of a healthy diet:
Although fruit may cause your weight gain if eaten in excess, there is no doubt that it is an important part of any healthy diet plan and a much better choice than other potential dietary choices.
Fruits contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibers and a low calorie. They are very important for maintaining our normal physiology. Eating 2-3 servings
of fruits per day is very helpful for our heart, blood vessels, homeostasis, nervous system, bones, hair, skin etc.
Eating fruits is not a risk factor for your diet. Eating extra high calorie containing fruits is the cause of weight gain.
Let’s clarify one thing: Fruit does not make you a fatty. But it can be a risk factor of weight gain if you are unaware about how much you are taking of it.
Porridge refers to hot cereal grains or ground legumes cooked in water or milk, prepared in low heat , constantly stirring until consistency is achieved. Traditionally, it is served in breakfast and snack time. There are several kinds of porridge. The oatmeal, maize, pease , potato, wheat , rice , buckwheat, quinoa, millet, sorghum, rye , flax, spelt and multi-grain porridge.
A porridge diet is being adored by many from its highly rich whole grain nutrition to its financial contribution plus its practicality. Porridge has marked as a dietary staple to different cultures, races and generations, giving warm, cheap nutritious meal, promoting wellness to the athletes, kids, young, old adults and even to sick people.
Porridge is the ultimate health food for the following reasons:
It is for appetite regulation. Whole grain and whole grain derivatives have high amount of dietary fiber. This component aids in filling you up and thus controlling you from eating more than what you need. If you don’t overfeed yourself then you would be able to maintain the desired weight or even lose more weight. A cup of porridge yields 4 grams of fibers. Mix it with some berries, seeds and nuts this yields to more fiber content.
Porridge enhances energy. Carbohydrates are known as the needed for good brain function and boosting of energy. Porridge has high amount of complex carbs which are digested at slow pace giving a longer lasting energy. One cup serving of porridge carries 27 grams of carbs. Combining it with fruits, honey, brown sugar or milk to your porridge will increase the carb content of your meal and increase calories.
Porridge improves intimacy of couple. Porridge oats boost libido by aiding in re-balance testosterone and estrogen in the reproductive system of the person. Testosterone draws sexual urges in both gender.
Porridge is good for heavy drinkers who suffers from hangover. Oats neutralizes the acidity level in the body and helps absorb toxins. Hangover is the result from alcohol intoxication. A bowl of porridge is a good relief.
Porridge diet helps in quitting to smoke. There is a particular component of oats can help calm the nervous system and thus reducing the longing for nicotine.
Porridge diet combats infection. Porridge contains enough amount of protein needed for growth and repair and building a stronger immune system.
Porridge diet also helps to fight heart diseases. Eating high fiber food like porridge reduces the chances of heat problems, One study said, that porridge has an avenanthramides component responsible for preventing blood sticking to artery wall, thus preventing the fatty deposits that might cause heart diseases.
Porridge diet is good for muscle recovery. It has a high content of phosphorus. Phosphorus which is keep in bones , helps in energy production, filtering of waste via Kidney and muscle recovery after heavy exercise. Porridge is good for building strong bones.
One sample of porridge recipe; Rice with Camote Porridge ( Lugaw with Camote )
Lugaw is a popular rice porridge in the Philippines. It is a dish made and done by boiling , stirring the rice deep in water. Stirring would be stopped only when it is somewhat sticky and starchy.
• beef tripe – 1 cup; boiled then cut into strips
• chicken – 1 cup; cooked adobo style then flaked
• chicken eggs – 1 piece; boiled and sliced
• cooking oil
• garlic – ½ head; pounded
• ginger – 1 small piece; cut into strips
• lechon kawali – 1 cup; cut into bite sizes
• onion – 1 piece; chopped
• patis or fish sauce – 1 cup
• pork ears – 1 cup; boiled then cut into strips
• rice – ½ cup
• salted eggs – 2 pieces; sliced
• scallions – 1 bundle; chopped
• sticky rice – 1 cup
• tofu – 1 cup; fried and cut into small chunks
• water – about four cups at first then add as necessary
• Camote peeled and cut into cubes
Steps for Cooking Rice
1. Place rice and sticky rice in a big bowl and wash them thoroughly. Pour water into the bowl.
2. Bring the rice with water to a boil. This should not exceed to 40 minutes .If you feel that you want your lugaw to be watery, then add more water as you desired.
3. Pour cut cubes of camote and mix it with the rice
4. Add in sugar or salt and pepper to taste.
5. Set the soup of rice aside.
Steps for Cooking Sautéed Ingredients
1. In a pan with a medium heat , pour in cooking oil and heat it.
2. Pour in onion, garlic, and ginger.
3. Add in patis or fish sauce.
4. Sauté all for a minute.
5. Bring aside these sautéed ingredients.
Steps for Serving
1. In a bowl, add in a serving of the soup of rice.
2. Place in the sautéed ingredients.
3. Top everything with all the remaining ingredients, except kalamansi.
4. Squeeze one kalamansi or pepper
5. Serve your hot lugaw in a bowl.
You want to stay fit and look gorgeous? Throw those fats to the rats, an oatmeal diet can help you drop those excess kilos. Oatmeal is one of the best foods that can help those who aim to lose weights and stay fit and healthy. Oatmeal is a powerful grain. It is a soluble fiber containing low in saturated fats. It pulls down low density lipo protein (LDL) or popularly known as the bad cholesterol. It is more on high density lipo protein (HDL) or good cholesterol. The soluble fiber in oats fills you up forming gels. These gels prolonged stomach emptying thus feeling of fullness dominates which contributes in losing weight. Oatmeal contains minerals, vitamins and anti oxidants that our bodies need to perform properly. It is also a best source of protein, iron and complex carbohydrates. It has nutrients and fibers that aids to lose weight and combats cancer and other health related diseases. Also, it is a good source of low glycemic carbohydrates responsible for maintaining blood sugar level and has phyto nutrients known as lignans which is best for the heart.
Serious observing of a strict 30 day plan of having three meals oatmeal per day with in between low fat snack , your body is on the way of losing as high as 2 to 5 pounds per week. For effective oatmeal diet, some important points are to be considered:
- You have to eat nothing but purely oatmeal within span of 7 days. Take note only a ½ cup of oatmeal per meal. In initial phase, processed or instant oatmeal is not advisable but it should be the whole oatmeal. If you wish to drink milk with it, have only ½ cup of fat free or skim milk. Calorie consumption must only be in the range of 900 -1200 calories per day.
- You need to have that oatmeal diet for the next 30 days by eating three meals a day included already the ½ cup of cooked oatmeal. By this time instant oatmeal is allowed but fat and sugar content must be below 60 percent of the total amount of the meal. Remember to keep serving below 300 calories and caloric consumption between 1,000 -3,000 calories a day.
- Take nutritious snacks in between meals. ½ cup of fruits such as banana , apples, oranges and strawberries is good as a snack between breakfast and lunch. For snack between lunch and dinner, have ½ cup of fresh raw vegetables like celery sticks, carrots sticks, green pepper slice and lettuce. Melons and potatoes and high starchy vegetables must be avoided.
- You must drink at least 8 ounce glasses of water. Exercise at least 30 minutes a day, three to five times a week. Record all food intake and how much exercise done.
- Continue with the diet for 30 days. For succeeding days, slowly start weaning yourself to a low fat diet including oatmeal. Take just one oatmeal serving for your meal then one oatmeal snack in place of another. Slowly you can start now with lean meats of chicken and grilled fish. Have full servings of fruits and vegetable in every meal. Enough plenty of water and exercise are needed.
- Stay away from soda fruit juice while on diet. Drink plain or flavored water. You must be careful in choosing oatmeal snacks, some have artificial sweeteners and added sugar. This holds the hidden calories that might increase your weight.
- Keep a weight loss journal, this will tell the progress of your oatmeal diet.
- Any diet that limits and holds food intake is a fad diet and might lead to malnutrition. Oatmeal diet yields to a yo –yo dieting because of the abrupt changes in eating pattern. Consultation to the experts before starting this diet and to all types of diet is highly needed.
The oatmeal diet is a weight loss program that allows you to eat nothing but oatmeal in straight 1 week and slowly eating back other foods while still taking oatmeal. One big disadvantage, oatmeal diet is a fad diet. A crash diet that is difficult to follow , unhealthy and usually yields to a yo-yo dieting. The biggest issue in the oatmeal diet is “boredom.” Many don’t know how to be creative in preparing oatmeal. It is nothing but purely a grain, with milk and water which sound not a mouth watering food. Many have tried but in few days only. Be sure if you want this kind of diet, you have a through reading and researching for different styles in cooking and preparing oatmeal recipe. Never eat it plain day in and day out.
If done passionately and correctly, an oatmeal diet is a superb one because it is easy to prepare, it will take some minutes or an hour only and can be eaten quickly. It is time and money saving. It is cheap , anyone can afford it. Oatmeal diet works superbly when you keep your nutrition and diet in mind and heart, never crash diet it. It will help drop some pounds while spending less. An oatmeal diet can be very effective means to lose weight as long as you play it with wits!
There are different types of citrus fruits found in all over the world. Actually citrus fruits mean those fruits which contain special types of biochemical ‘Citrus’. The orange is the main fruit of this group and orange juices is the most tasty and leading processed form found everywhere in the world. But lemons, tangerines, grapefruits and limes are other fruits of this group. The exact origin of citrus fruits is not known. But they became popular after World War 2 when processing technologies of citrus were invented.
When you are dieting you should add these citrus fruits to your meal because they have many health benefits and refreshing capacity like-
- Citrus fruits are low in sugar:
Citrus fruits contain very low amount of sugar and prevent weight gaining. They help to control insulin level in the blood and regulate blood sugar level. They are very good food for a diabetic patient as well.
- They are rich in vitamin C:
It is very important to have vitamin-C every day, because our body cannot store it. Eating more citrus fruits daily will ensure that. Vitamin C is an important vitamin and has anti aging qualities, great for our immune system, and good for our skin. It’s also helpful to improve mood and can even help to maintain our digestive system. It is also important for certain bleeding disorders.
- Rich in fiber:
Pectin is the fiber component of citrus fruits. It is a soluble fiber, which helps to reduce blood cholesterol level and burns extra body fat. It is also important to maintain our gastrointestinal tract physiology. So, citrus fruits are very important foods to lose weight with health benefits.
- Detoxifying capacity:
Citrus fruits are very good detoxifying agents. They help to clean our body of excess toxins and harmful chemical end forms of estrogen those found in beauty products or chemical cleansers. Citrus fruits also help in lymph circulation through the body which is an important carrier of immune cells and waste products of our body like blood.
- Strong antioxidants:
Vitamin C is one of the strongest antioxidants. But citrus fruits contain different types of other antioxidants which are heart healthy and help to boost our metabolism and lose body weight. Some of these antioxidants also improve our immune system too. Only 2 servings of citrus fruits in your diet may help efficiently to maintain your good health.
- High water containing food:
Like most other fruits and vegetables, citrus fruits are rich in water content. Eating more citrus fruits can easily quench your thirst. High water will help you to feel full for longer duration and inhibit your repeated food intake and weight gain.
- Healthy flavoring agents:
If you are preparing any smoothie recipe, salad or meat dish even oatmeal recipe, you easily can add different citrus fruits as a flavoring agent. A squeeze of a lemon or an orange piece in a bowl of oatmeal makes it delicious. Or, you may try lime juice over fish at your dinner dish to change the taste. You can use citrus fruits to add a refreshing flavor in any drinks, even if it’s water or tea.
- Help to silence your sweet tooth:
Having sweet cravings in your tooth? Just add a little any of these citrus fruit juices, especially lime, lemon or orange juice, in your dish. Just see the magic. Your sweet cravings will go immediately.
Adding citrus fruits to your meal might be something that you have never tried. Just try once. You will add these healthy and diet friendly fruits to your favorite list.